It's the last day of 2018. Time to reflect on the things that happened in the past year and set some loose goal for 2019.
I set a few goals for myself beginning of 2018:
- Write 10 blog posts that interests me
- Gain weight to 68kg while maintaining 12% body fat.
- Stop nail biting
- Launch a product
- Code 10 projects on codepen
Unfortunately, i didn't accomplish any of them. Despite that fact I did make some progress on all of them.
I finally ported my blog to ghost and wrote 3 articles and my current weight is 67kg with 15% body fat. I coded 3 mini projects and maintained a habit of cutting my nails.
The only thing I'm bumped about is I didn't launch anything.
I would say the biggest reasons why I didn't achieve the goal I set out is lack of persistence.
This will be my biggest challenge going into 2019 as I set myself to do the following:
- Gain a few more KGs of muscle mass to 70kg, while maintaining body weight of 14%
- Learn more about writing, design, and programming and share my learnings on my blog.
- Launch a product that I can charge online.
- Save 50% of my income.
- Create more memorable experiences with my girlfriend
- Be a better cook. Gather recipes for healthy, delicious food.
I know I have shortcomings that led me to a pretty moderate year in 2018.
In the coming year, I will focus on my habit and persistence to make 2019 my best year yet.