I've been following the workout plan from Bigger, Leaner, Stronger for 2 months+ and wanted to write my thought on the progress.
I started on November 9th and have been tracking the weights I'm carrying ever since.
The main idea from Bigger, Leaner Stronger for me was to
- Train for 3 days/week, 1 hour for each session
- For all the weight training that I do, I should increase the weight whenever I fulfil the 3 sets of 6 reps for that workout.
- Drink 2-3L waters per day
- I should get these macro nutrient daily: 140g protein, 280g of carbs, 46g fat
- I've been able to consistently workout 3x per week since I started
- I gained ~2kg in mass
- I've managed to increase the weights for most of the exercise. The proudest one is to be able to deadlift 140kg.
- The biggest weight difference is probably barbell squat. I remember squatting at 80kg was really difficult for me. Last week I was able to do 105kg
The not so good
- 2kg gained in mass is a combination of fat and muscle. So I don't know how much muscle I really gained. My weight scale was broken months before.
- I didn't track my macro nutrient properly. I just wing it most of the time, with each meal leaning more protein.
Some steps I'm taking moving forward.
- I just bought a huawei body fat scale. This is handy as it comes with an app that logs all my measurements. So now I will make a point to track my daily progress and see how it goes.
- As for tracking the daily macro nutrient. I really dislike measuring everything I eat and logging it. There are apps but I don't trust them enough to use it daily. So what I will do instead is to compile a list of food I eat regularly and calculate its macro nutrient /gram once. So that the next time I can just eye ball the proportions.
Let's see how it goes in the coming months!