I listened to this interview on Impact Theory. James Altucher talks about working on creative muscles. He writes 10 new ideas everyday for improving different types of businesses.
I wanted to attempt something similar for 200wordsAday.
1) Add an announcement board for major news or changes.
2) Giveaway badges like StackOverflow to recognize writers with milestones like first 30Day streak.
3) Giveaway badges to recognize writers that have a high comment count. (encourages reading and supporting other's post)
4) Provide complete list of past topics of the week for newer folks to get ideas.
5) Provide a list of the top 10/20 posts that have the most comments for people to read and learn from.
6) Have 10 ways to improve this site as the topic of the week to get the users to actively brainstorm.
7) Create a collection option for 3-4 common topic titles (eg how-to in business, marketing, writing) based on posts so far. Writers can opt to have their posts submitted to a global collection section as opposed to an individual collection. Makes reading and learning from the very valuable content easier.
8) Add the ability to easily include images in the posts.
9) Add a section for recommended reading - Books/Blogs/Articles.
10) Add the ability to personalize profile page.