loading words...

Dec 12, 2018 16:31:08

Too much of everything is bad

by @berkan PATRON | 379 words | 🐣 | 65💌

Berkan

Current day streak: 0🐣
Total posts: 65💌
Total words: 19447 (77 pages 📄)

My parents always taught me that having too much of something is very bad. It's like having too much money or having too much work. It's kind of like the same for me because having too much would definitely be Ok for me if you know how to manage it perfectly.

So i am writing this now because nowadays i am facing something that's kind of like too much for me.

I am writing as a freelance writer for a client, i am actively searching for a job, i am writing my bachelor diploma project, i am volunteering in an NGO remotely as a Social Media Manager, i am trying to write every day on 200WordsADay, and i am planning on contributing some articles for MakerMag the new magazine that i just found out on Twitter and ProductHunt.

For me this kind of looks like too much, i kind of believe for every single person this is too much work.

For instance, nowadays i am still feeling very bad from the flu that i am having, and the loss of energy is definitely affecting me in a very bad way.

So how do i manage it?

Well, i am doing something every week.

For instance, this week is for my diploma project, i think i can finally finish it this week, and of course, i can allow myself 10-15 minutes of my day to write something here.

The next week i surely have no idea what i would do but definitely, i will focus more on the volunteering part, because i need to finish some more stuff over there.

The key to managing different types of projects is to be effective at what you do. Mostly effective with your time, because if you don't manage your time perfectly, you are going nowhere.

So, for instance, these 2 weeks i am feeling very down but i am trying to finish at least 60% of the tasks for this week. The other 40% i would do them in the weekends.

Too much of everything is definitely bad but it's manageable and we all need to have a little chaos in our lives sometimes. While being chaotic told me the most valuable thing in life. And that is the true meaning of work and overwork.

  • 1

    @berkan thanks for opening up! Seems to me that you could do with some re-structuring of your priorities here. Productivity is great, but say if you don't want to be a stellar social media manager for a living, you could probably do with spending those hours on your primary goals and/or rest!

    Victoria Maung avatar Victoria Maung | Dec 13, 2018 05:20:17
    • 1

      @vickenstein Yea i totally agree but these priorities are kind of like a must and something that i surely enjoy. For instance, i love writing so having a career in writing is Ok i believe because it makes me feel good when my Payoneer account gets some cash :). I am volunteering as a social media manager because i love to help out to people and the cause is amazing, it doesn't take too much of my time but it's time-consuming. The diploma project would be finished i believe so this week so that's 1 thing out of my priority list. And yes maybe the MakerMag thing would have to wait but i will surely do that for exposure and because i love to write :).
      Thanks, i appreciate your words i would definitely have to stop doing something and focus on the important tasks, but i strongly believe that i need this kind of a burnout effect in order to be stronger in the future :) .

      Berkan avatar Berkan | Dec 13, 2018 15:56:00
  • 1

    @berkan please don't burn out man ? take it easy, 200 Words a Day can wait haha or maybe start a writing on 200WaD and make it more complete for Maker Mag or for your job search (maybe we can help you with that as well if you publish your cover letters)

    Basile Samel avatar Basile Samel | Dec 12, 2018 17:03:58
    • 1

      @basilesamel It all started this year in March. I started writing for my first client as a freelance writer, then i started working on my diploma project, in my pastry shop, i started writing and editing some stuff on Medium, started working for the same client i am working now, aaaaand i started working out. From all of these stuff i stopped working out because it's winter. And i stopped working in my pastry shop but now i have to finish my diploma project because i was slacking :D
      And about the job search, i will definitely start to search more actively when i finish my diploma project, and i will DM you on Twitter or somehow here if you can somehow help me out :).
      Peace man and keep up the good work!!!

      Berkan avatar Berkan | Dec 12, 2018 19:21:50
    • 1

      @berkan Sure man! Don't hesitate to reach out by DM. You have a lot going on, two brains might not be enough haha

      Basile Samel avatar Basile Samel | Dec 13, 2018 05:34:44
    • 1

      @basilesamel Will surely do!!! :)

      Berkan avatar Berkan | Dec 13, 2018 15:52:30
contact: email - twitter / Terms / Privacy