Man oh man. So much unexplored territory.
Let's start with Strapi.
Installed it without spending too much effort. This tutorial got me going. Some notes that happened while following this tutorial:
- make sure correct ports are opened (firewall settings `ufw` in my case)
- at the end of the tutorial, strapi is run in production mode. But 'content-type creator' plugin is only available in development mode. I created another pm2 task so I can restart into production mode and use the plugin to create my data.
- filed some bugs @ strapi Github
So many questions in my head and new challenges to solve:
- my front end is now the /public/ Strapi folder. I guess I need to have a different kind of nginx redirect (perhaps a subdomain for the API?) as the main domain should be pointing towards Netlify servers where I deploy my static site.
- configure Strapi so from the Netlify servers I can get the data and the scraper can create new records.
- create webhooks which are invoked after the scraper is done with inserting new data into Strapi API. I wouldn't want Strapi to send a Webhook for every new record I insert, rather when the task is completely done by the scraper.