Today, I'd like to share my go-to pizza dough recipe that'll make you the star of every pizza party.
This amount of dough is enough to make around 3 to 4 medium-sized pizzas.
400g flour (white or whole wheat)
100g finely ground semolina (if not available, just use more flour)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 packet of dried yeast (around 7g)
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar, and olive oil into 325 ml of lukewarm water. Leave for a few minutes.
2. Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
3. Pour the water mix in the middle. Use a fork to gradually bring in the flour from the sides and swirl them into the liquid. Keep mixing.
4. Knead with your hands until you have a smooth, springy dough that forms a ball.
5. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and flour the top of it. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for about an hour. The dough should double in size.
6. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it again to knock out the air.
7. You can use the dough straight away or keep it in the fridge wrapped in clingfilm.
8. Roll out the dough no longer than 15 - 20 minutes before you want to cook the pizza. Otherwise, it can dry out.
9. Pre-heat the oven at the highest temperate.
9. Add sauce, your favorite toppings and pop it into the oven. It will only take a few minutes to cook. You'll smell and see when it's ready.
Tomorrow, I'll share my favorite sauce recipe.