I know it's going to be busy over the next few weeks/months.
Here is how I'm setting the table for a full plate.
I'm setting up a pin board so that I can stay on top of the 8 accountabilities I have.
The board has to be ordered somehow. As much as I wish I could take an Eisenhower to it, I'll have to just keep a straight hierarchy. I'll be ok with that.
I'll have cards up with the current work so that I can see progress visually.
Daily, I'll review my promises to each of the accountabilities.
I'll stay in contact and keep their expectations up to date.
I have the following contingencies in place:
- If I need a day off, I'll anyone who has been promised something that day or the following day. Then I'll go all in with a day off.
- If something urgent is presented to me, before I start working on it, I will review the rest of the day to see what will be traded for that task. I will weigh up the cost before starting.
- If I am feeling under a lot of pressure, I give myself permission to
- cancel any non-essential meetings
- trade off gym or dance for a 10 minute walk
- work from a cafe
I'll put together a list of potential download buddies and schedule calls across the next few weeks.