Well that month went by fast. Now is a good time to pause and reflect on how 2019 is going so far.
I started the year on the bench waiting for my next assignment. This allowed me to establish daily routines while at home. I then started with a client in California and had to take the show on the road.
- Maintained daily writing habit on 200WAD
- Maintained daily meditation practice
- Maintained daily practice of gratitude journal
- Maintained daily practice of setting up daily planner
- Attended weekend training event for personal development
- Struggled with proper diet when traveling
- Struggled with consistently good sleep when traveling
- Struggled with getting proper physical activity consistently when traveling
Clearly I had more success at home compared to on the road in January. Here are some changes I will make in February to improve my performance.
- Order a testing kit from viome.com to have an assessment of my gut microbiome to tailor a more specific diet that works for me. This may take some time to get the results.
- Purchase a sleep mask to ensure total darkness for sleep.
- Develop an exercise plan at home that can also be used when traveling to maintain consistency.
The calendar provides us with natural breaks to pause and reflect on progress. Take these as opportunities to reward yourself for a job well done and to make improvements to fix things that are not working. Onward!