I have learned that investing in myself is truly the best investment. It's one thing to listen to podcasts or watch YouTube videos or read books. It's quite another to experience personal development in person. With a group of people and dynamic trainers, you get the full experience and emotions. This is where the magic happens.
Yesterday, I spent my Saturday delivering a training session (SQL) followed by attending an all-day training event. This event was focused on personal and professional development.
Here are some highlights:
- Ego stops people from doing the things they need to do.
- If you lose the focus of why you got started, it will make it easier to quit.
- Don't let your excuses dictate your decisions.
- Comfortable will never pay you or sustain you.
- Before you can have a victory, you have to be victorious.
- Don't be led by your fear, be driven by your purpose.
- You have to make a short-term sacrifice for a lifetime of paradise.
Remember, knowledge is not power. It's not enough to hear these statements and think, "Huh!" and then go about my merry way. I am continuing to improve my mindset each day by reinforcing the important concepts and taking action.
Start investing in yourself. Make the time. Find a live training event you can attend in person to experience the magic. Investing in yourself is the best investment you can make.