I am barely on Insta but I was scrolling through it a couple of nights ago and saw that one of my favorite artists, Raja Kumari, performed in Chicago. It was too late by the time I found out about it and I was mad that I didn't find out about it soon enough.
So how did this happen? The info was buried and there wasn't a direct touch point.
This is why emails still work for certain things but I propose DM marketing.
I am already following your Twitter and Insta accounts. Why don't I just get a DM about the info that I care about?
A chatbot that initiates to collect info about what I want to know and get a direct message about it.How I envision the bot (specific to music artists)
- A welcome message explaining the bot
- Ask a question with options:
- What do you want to get notified about?
- New songs/albums
- New shows/performance announcements
- New shows/performance in your location (ask for preferred location(s) if selected)
- Merch & other info
- Thank you message
What I don't want to see happen:
- Don't DM me more than twice a week
- Don't sell the info that I am providing for other reasons
This can be applied to other public figures and businesses.