Hello, dear curious stranger. I'll be your attorney for the next 3 minutes. Today you get to know about visa O1.
O1 is a non-immigrant worker visa for individuals with extraordinary abilities in their field activity. This visa is the best choice if you don't have a high degree. O1 has no quota. You can get Green Card (EB1) after this visa and immigrate to the USA (about EB1 I'll tell later). Despite the fact that O1 is non-immigrant, you needn't prove relations with the homeland, because the visa has a double intention. Also, employers like this visa more than H1B, because they don't need to deal with paperwork. If you don't have an employer, you can become employer for yourself.
It sounds good, doesn't it? What are the requirements? How to understand that you apply for O1?
You are in if:
1) You have a Nobel Prize
2) You meet 3 or more requirements:
- You have a big salary
- National and international awards or prizes are in your pocket (for designers: Awwwards, badges on Behance and etc.)
- You are in a community whose membership requires outstanding achievement
- You were a judge of the work of others in your activity field
- Your articles were published in professional publications (it could be digital publications, for example, Medium)
- Your work has been featured in a professional publication or mainstream media
- You have served in a leading or critical capacity for an organization with a good reputation
- You made a contribution of major significance in your activity field
If you don't meet even three requirements — don't worry be happy. You can improve that, but it would take a lot of time and energy (also, you can apply for another visa).
My advice for you
* Take part in competitions that related to your activity field.
* Socialize. Build relationships with people (I'm talking about your activity field).
* Write articles, have a speech on events.
* Create cool things
This visa is for active conspicuous professionals with many followers on social networks. Become an active conspicuous professional. Good luck!