So how exactly do I make $1,000,000? But before that, I wanted to define it a little tighter, but it still has to fit the audaciously crazy criteria: How do I make $1,000,000 in 12 months, as a company of one? OK, company of one can mean I still sometimes hire contractors to work for me. I added this because I dislike managing, and I don't want to promote or grow myself out of the job I love doing (which is to create).
How do I make $1,000,000 in 12 months, as a company of one?
To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm even asking the right question. This number in the question is definitely just a signpost, an output, to a larger outcome or goal. If a million is not the goal, then what's a better way to ask that question? How do we reframe that million-dollar question?
Some questions about the question, to start off, to reflect on:
- Gut check: Is it just about greed/money, honestly?
- How do I provide value to the world that's equivalent to a million dollars?
- How do I serve a million people who'll pay me $1 each? Or 1000 true fans who would pay me $1000 each?
- What am I potentially world-class at, or have a chance at making something that's world-class at something?
- How do I leverage the scalability of technology to get there, as a company of one?
- How do I scale beyond the bottleneck that's me, beyond my own time and my own skills?
A good checklist to mull over. I'll share more in time to come.