Tomorrow is a new month. A line in the sand. A chance to recalibrate. A new chance to challenge myself.
In July, I let slip my reading, my eating habits became more unhealthy and my work ethic (both professionally and for side projects) has suffered.
In August, my goal is to fix all of these. I already know I'm planning too much, but I want a challenge. I feed off challenges.
In August, I will;
- Complete what I'm calling "Awesome August", which is making my spreadsheet 100% green. I attempted this in for Flawless February but wasn't quite successful.
- Read, every day. I'm currently in the middle of Company of One, but I've not read anything in several weeks. Once I've finished Company of One, I'll read Shape Up by Ryan Singer, of Basecamp.
- Up my exercise to 4 times per week. I've been running 3 times per week for a while now. I want to mix it up a bit, so I'll try something new, but still run at least once per week.
- Eat healthier. I have eaten incredibly poorly recently. Time to sort this out!
- Lose weight. I'm pretty close to my target, but I've been stagnant for a few months now.
- Participate in Fixathon. I have a team project planned, but I wanted to do a solo project too. I'm not sure the latter will happen though.
- Progress on The Cake Pays. I started this in January, but never made any significant progress.