I believe in auditing real actions I actually did than just intentions.
As I sat down and reflected my last 5-6 months since I began my journey of mindful living, the below things made it to my list:
Tangible actions are things I have done that can be quantifiably measured. Most of these things started out as just wishes/intentions and graduated to becoming real actions I took over the course of the last 6 months. I am proud of these because some of they weren't so easy yet I managed to power through because I placed more value in delayed gratification. The list is in no specific order:
- Wrote and published 120 blog posts since June 19, 2018 (100 on my own blog, 20 here at 200WAD)
- Shipped 1 simple web product from scratch as a non-technical maker
- Sent out 5 newsletter campaigns for the above product
- Curated and added 51 stories/hacks to above product
- Participated in 417 guided sessions and meditated for 3487 minutes on Simple Habit app
- Attended 29 weekly sessions of meditation at the local center
- 120 days of simple salad lunches at work
- 30 workout sessions (10 tennis, 20 at the gym)
- Finished reading an incredible book "Atomic Habits" by James Clear
These are more of my non-quantifiable actions that were either done rather impulsively. I can't take full credit and call them my "conscious habits" since I only did these because it just felt good doing them. Also many of these were not daily actions just things I did on a whim whenever possible. But I definitely enjoyed these acts and should spend more time next year formalizing them into conscious habits.
- Geek out on interesting products daily (either on Product Hunt or on Twitter)
- Truly read other writers' posts and leave encouraging/uplifting comments
- Surface meaningful content via my Twitter profiles and show how easy and do-able it is to be authentic
- Evangelize meaningful companies/products on Twitter/Instagram
- Cultivate new habits and write authentically about hacking identity and beliefs
- Admit flaws of my own when I am wrong and be authentic
- Be compassionate towards other people (my gf, sister, mom, my best friend etc)
I am sure I am missing one or two but I think I covered the major ones. It's been an excellent year overall and there is so much room to grow and improve next year.
What are your thoughts? How's your Recap 2018 coming along?