Following my post yesterday, I thought I would share some of the article ideas I have listed on my Trello board.
As with all blogs, I was planning to write a number of articles, but the time never came. Other ideas and plans took precedence.
I'm planning on releasing an article based on Anne-Laure's (@anthilemoon) 101 side projects, listing my own projects. I'm in the editing draft stage. I planned to do it when I returned from my holiday, but didn't.
Here are my Trello cards:
- Remote: arguing the case for remote in my current work place.
- Setup and Deploys: sharing how I setup and deploy my Rails apps using Digital Ocean, Nginx, Puma and Capistrano.
- Transparancy, not inclusion: about (but not exclusively) meetings and how I hate them.
- Speeding up deploys: how I fixed our deploy time from 20+ minutes to just 45 seconds.
- What I've learnt doing side work: kind of self explanatory.
- The perpetual carrot: how much is enough and where will we stop?
- Anybody can code: hopefully I'll motivate someone thinking of starting.
- Plagiarism is rife in tech: and that's okay...
- Backlog is a scrapyard: forget about old, dead issues and focus on what's relevant.
- The Power of Habits: I talk about habits a lot, so it was a natural fit.
- Upgrading (Rails) Gems: tips and tricks for managing your Gemfile.- Does it need to be complicated?: forget complexity that doesn't matter, focus on "boring", understandable code.
If any of these articles take your fancy. Let me know and I'll consider doing it next!