Anybody experienced that some of your friends got laid off and you tried to help him or her? It would be great if you share your experience. Or it would be appreciated to share what was your feeling and what was truly helpful if you have an experience of being fired. Luckily so far I did not experience but I would like to consider his situation as much as possible.
I am thinking of two things for them:
- Listening to their self-intro (non-technical)
- Conduct a mock interview (technical)
If I just google "what is the typical interview questions", I can find a collection of non-technical questions like in this website "How to Answer the 31 Most Common Interview Questions"
For instance, some of the non-technical questions are as below:
- 1. Can you tell me a little about yourself?
- 5. Why should we hire you?
- 6. What are your greatest professional strengths?
- 7. What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
- 8. What is your greatest professional achievement?
On the other hand, as for technical one, I plan to ask him to provide a list of expected question or website that I can refer to. I am not sure this is actually helpful for him or not.
Any other material, any suggestion would be also appreciated.