I'm a fan of basketball, and I play on a weekly basis. One thing that ticks me off is whenever I tried to make a booking it's just cumbersome to find the available spots.
I'd have to contact the person in charge, and there's a number of back and forth before I find out the spots and timing available before I make the booking.
I don't have a grand idea, but I want to see what'll be a solution to this be like.
So I fired up my code editor and just create a simple node.js/express app. Which I then realize I really need to brush up my backend skill, it took me some time to get just the database set up correctly.
My goal with this is to simply create a CRUD app where
- an admin can register themselves and create a page for their basketball venue
- an admin can update the status of their courts and its available timing.
- an admin can share this page to the public
- an end user (basketball player like me) can see at a glance the court available for this establishment
- the end user will be able to contact the court owner for booking