Inspired by this article, which is inspired by Tim Ferris, who is simply, inspired.
Create 2 columns: Positive and Negative. Go through your calendar and write down the positives and negatives from each week. When you're done, look at your list and ask yourself:
“What 20% of each column produced the most reliable or powerful peaks?”
1. Take the positive leaders and start scheduling them in 2019.
2. Create a list of 'negative' leaders. Call it NOT-TO-DO-LIST and put it on top of whatever todo-app or note-app you use. You see this every day and you'll avoid it this year.
1. my positive leaders include:
- meetups with friends
- do regular workouts
- detox weekend
- always have time to learn
- successful client projects
2. My NOT-TO-DO-LIST:
- Eat healthy, always!
- Don't work for FREE
- Be less lazy
- travel less
Here's are my columns:
reached out to a few potential clients
digital detox weekend
wrote a book
learned book marketing
traveled: 16 cities in 9 countries.
vision doc, detox weekend
dinner w clients
dinner w friends
met with friends in London, Chiang Mai, Singapore, KL
Started fitness workout
Were recognised by Regus and hotels
Eating lots of delicious food
Been sick too many times from food poisoning.
Travelled: 16 cities in 9 countries. Too many!
Corporate work environment stress
Spend too much time on clients who gave no clear incentive of working together.
Stress from relationship
Missed a few work opportunities because I was too lazy
wrote a book but had no income those months