Yesterday is one of the special days between me and my wife. What so special? 18 years ago she agreed to become my girlfriend and 10 years ago she accepts my propose and become my wife. It's really a long journey and now with 2 kids.
A special day like this reminds me of our story, we meet online through IRC. There is no facebook or tinder during that time and young people like to chat on IRC to meet new friends. After we know each other and chat for a few rounds, we exchange number and talk on the phone, it allows us to know each other more.
A few weeks later, we meet in real life and it sparks, she did reject me at the first, basically, I m quite a loser during that time. After a few months of trying, I guess she been touch by my sincere and agreed to become my girlfriend, that's 18 years ago.
We have been through a lot of things before I decide to propose to her
- Long distance relationship when I study in Melbourne for 2 years.
- After graduate I m working in Singapore while she busy with her studies in Malaysia.
- Some 3rd party people appear and gone.
- After she graduate and comes work in Singapore and we start to spend more time together.
- Staying together to learn how to live with each other.
10 years ago, I just choose the same day that she agreed on me 18 years ago, I propose to her with the ring & flowers and finally, we tie the knot.