Here are 5 ways to help you eat less during a meal:
1. Use smaller plates. The same amount of food will look bigger on a small plate compared to a regular size dinner plate. It tricks your mind into thinking that you ate a big portion and you'll feel full naturally. This really works!
2. Use plates of darker colors. Most people eat from a standard white plate. Do you know what has almost the same color? Carbs - like rice, pasta, and potatoes. Your carb portion will look smaller on a white plate compared to a dark plate where you can see a big contrast. Using a darker plate will encourage you to eat more veggies and leafy greens.
3. Drink a big glass of water before eating. This will quench your thirst and hunger will dimish before you even start with eating. Thanks, @BrandonWilson for the tip!
4. Eat really slowly. We've all heard that the body needs at least 20 minutes before it gives the signal that you are full. So, let's slow down. Chew every bite thoroughly and swallow it BEFORE you start putting more food on your fork.
5. Don't take seconds. But it was soooo tasty, you say. Don't worry, you can eat it again tomorrow or for the next meal. Pack the food away right after you made your first plate. Then it will be much harder to reach for seconds.