- 200wad - first things first! Without which I wouldn't be writing so much
- Macbook - the ultimate work machine
- Internet - the Pandora's Box of all things good (and bad)...thankfully love it more than hate it (yet)
- iPhone 7 - closest thing to having Cortana in my Spartan armour. Most important personal item ever.
- Air-conditioning - no work is possible without it in such a hot tropical climate
- Warm climate - I'm definitely a summer person
- Clean air - many major cities have poor air quality, smog and haze. None here, thankfully
- Zero power outage - really! With a flick of the switch, you have all the comforts of modernity available to you. Grateful.
- Clean drinkable water off the tap - many walk miles for water. To have it out of the tap is almost magic.
- Roof over my head - a lovely comfortable home is bliss at the end of the day.
- Leisure time - many people around the world have no leisure time, because every waking moment is for survival. I'm lucky and grateful for this.
- Full stomach - I just had dinner, something not everyone can have on a daily basis
- Ice cream - my first love was ice cream!
- Good health - I'm writing this with no pain in body and no major ailment. It wasn't always so for me, so this is contentedness.
- Wealth - I'm not rich by local standards but I have enough. And enough is hard to come by already.
- My family - the bedrock by which I persist and persevere in this world
- My wife - soulmate, friend, partner in crime in this life and next
- A job - I'm lucky to get paid well to do public good, in my consulting work with government
- Sleep - I get to sleep relatively soundly through the night, without fear for my safety nor disturbances
- Comfortable bed - we spend so much of our lives in bed...does it make sense to spend that much time in an uncomfortable one?
And without these 20 foundational things, none of the other 180 important possessions (and hundreds more less important possessions) would be possible.
So there ya go - 200 things I'm grateful for.
Did you really think I was gonna bore you with a laundry list of 200 things!? That was just click bait, because it sounds nicer to say "200 for 200", no? I just wanted to complete my 200 words for the day. 😝