Yesterday, I wrote a post about if I should learn how to code. Today, I thought a little further. What do I actually want to achieve?
For the start, I'd just like to have my own website to show the work that I do.
I don't really need to use code to achieve that, do I? Creating a simple website shouldn't be this hard at all. Millions of people have done that before. So, why don't I just get started?
Because I'm overthinking it!
Here are the thoughts that get in the way:
- I haven't done it before so I'm not entirely sure where to start.
- Which hosting service should I choose?
- Wordpress? Or something else?
- What should I name it?
- How should I structure the site?
- What will it cost to maintain it?
- What if it doesn't look professional?
These sound so silly as I'm writing them down.
The only answer I need is: Just start with SOMETHING and the rest will figure itself out along the way. It's not rocket science.
I'll put it on my to-do list for this week. I'll dedicate time for it. I'll get started. I'll take one step at a time. I'll keep going until I have a result.