- Engaging or exciting and holding the attention of curiosity.
- arousing a feeling of interest
Isn't it interesting that we use the word interesting in situations when we find something that we are curious about?
Phrases like this:
- Oh that's interesting!
- I am interested in that.
- hmm that looks interesting.
- That's very interesting to hear.
- I am interested in learning more about that.
- I am not interested in it.
The word looses its meaning when you use it too many times in a short period of time. I found myself doing that recently. Especially, when I am learning something new during founder calls or listening to a new topic for the first time. Here are some synonyms I can start to use instead of the word interesting:
- Oh that's remarkable.
- I am curious about that.
- hmm that looks impressive.
- That's very exciting to hear.
- I am intrigued to learn more about that.
- That is not compelling to me.
They all have similar meaning but adds variety to sentences and express a different feeling.
I am curious to know if there is a word that you use often without even thinking about it?