My project started April 27, 2019 when I decided to radically change my diet with medical supervision toward the goal of reversing type 2 diabetes. I have sustained focus for three months. It's time for an evaluation. Yesterday I had lab work done. This coming week I should have my results, so I can see how my biomarkers have changed with this experiment.
In the meantime, some thoughts on the journey so far.
- Making sleep a top priority has been a game changer.
- Paying attention to your body's signals is a skill worth learning.
- The body is incredibly resilient and can bounce back from a lot of punishment.
- The world doesn't end if I don't eat something for a few hours.
- It's not easy to be disciplined and still operate in the world (especially socially)
- Certain aspects have gotten easier, but I am not at the level of unconsciously competent yet.
- Success lies in maintaining the right mindset, which requires daily attention.
- From the start I believed that I can achieve my goal, and my belief grows stronger every day.
- The lab results are one moment in time. No doubt some numbers will be good and others not so good. The important thing is that I know I am healthier than I was three months ago. I'm moving in the right direction. For fantasy sports fans, my team is green arrow pointing up.