This post is an attempt at identifying personal patterns to enter a Flow State. The Flow State is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity (source: Wikipedia).
- A strong morning routine
- Waking up without an alarm clock
- Shower, with a gradual shift from hot to cold water
- Ginger Tea + Oregano eggs with slices of bread (my favorite breakfast)
- Don't drink coffee out of habit (anxiety). Drink it because you enjoy it.
- No Internet in the first 2 hours of the day.
- Dress well. Never go to war without an armor.
- Daily objectives
- Pick your daily objectives the day before
- Identify atomic tasks to validate each objective
- Prioritize the objectives (most important first, then the most urgent)
- Clean desk
- Remember the profound reasons why you are about to work
- Answer emails, messages, inquiries etc. once (don't be trapped in an infinite loop of replying/waiting for a reply)
- Chill music
- Plenty of light
- Snacks and tea, coffee if needed
- Don't rethink the tasks, just make
- Cross the tasks on Trello as they are done (reward, feeling of accomplishment)
- Share what is done as soon as possible (reward + accountability, gets you momentum)
- Remove distractions (unneeded tabs, desk, empty cups, notifications, chatter)
- Don't multi-task. Pick a task and don't switch your attention until it's done.
- Wander mindlessly, both online and IRL. Don't strive for productivity.
- Consume content (read a book, watch a movie, attend a course etc.)
- Chit-chat with your loved ones
- Work out
- Party hard
- Go to sleep whenever you feel tired. Sleep well.