We are currently fundraising at our Fund and I have been helping with some of the materials and models. This also means attending fundraising meetings. I have been part of couple of them before but yesterday's meeting was definitely intense.
Not because they were hard questions but very interesting questions that I have not heard about before.
- Attributions of deals
- Who are your mentors in VC?
- Do I feel ready to have my voice matter on deals?
- What would you be doing if you are not in VC now?
- What does after 30+ years look like?
tbh I was a little bit embarrassed that I have not paid attention to or thought about some of the question above before.
Some of the question we hear about a lot
- What value does your fund add to the companies being such a young firm?
- Is your fund "spray and pray" model?
- How active are you with the companies given a large portfolio of companies?
- Who makes the ultimate decision?
- Where does your deal flow come from?
- How are you going to win deals?
- Why the midwest area?
Those are some of the questions from the meeting but I am excited to see what happens with the fundraise and how we will be changing some of our ways going forward.