Jan 02, 2019 21:55:13 @johnmcgeehan
"swept up in the rush of her enthusiasm"
Excited to jump into the new year with fresh enthusiasm and goals! My gift to my wife of a bike-share membership has succeeded beyond my modest expectations. And I find myself swept up in the rush of her enthusiasm to ride everywhere - kick-starting my new year exercise regime. I've got to key it up a bit and add some core strengthening to my daily Tai Chi and whatever bike riding I can fit in my day. Or wake earlier and get into a regular cycling habit on a circuit along the waterfront. Necessity drives the cheap route, so home weight-training and calisthentics it is!
New routine (daily):
- Tai Chi and stretch
- 6 mile bike ride along the river
- alternate weights and calisthentics routines from the "Fighting Fit" boxing workout book
- bike whenever and wherever possible
- get off the subway a few stops early and bike the rest of the way when possible
- 6 glasses water daily
- timed stands and stretches from seated work
- alternate standing desk work
- carry bike helmet to encourage more bike riding when in regular transit
Although I know that New Year is a common time to make resolutions and fail to keep them past the first month, I plan to use some time-tested methods to make it stick!